Our annual Demiurge Holiday Party was totally awesome! We wish you all could’ve been there! Oh man, there was delicious food and fantastic company! Here’s the lowdown of how we celebrate the holidays here at Demiurge.
First of all, some of us wear ugly sweaters and other tacky holiday garb, just to get into the spirit of things.
Every year we have a barbeque feast for everyone to share at lunch. This year we ordered from Redbones. Their mac and cheese and baby back ribs are favorites, for sure! The vegetarians in the house (represent!) were treated to wholesome goodness from a new restaurant in Central Square called Life Alive, so there was something for everybody. (Wow, we blog and tweet about food way too much, huh?)
Once our bellies were full it was time for presents! Every year we have a Yankee Swap. Our team has a great sense of humor, and we therefore purchase gifts accordingly. Our only rule was an $11 price cap. Some of our favorites were (in no particular order)...
- The Shake Weight (We’re pretty sure it was over the 11 dollar limit, but we’ll let that slide.)
- A nerf gun (This one was swapped for several times, even over a bottle of liquor. We are nerds.)
- An old ziplock bag full of pennies (Not swapped for… ever.)
- Adventures in Babysitting (Elizabeth Shue’s finest work.)
- Chia Scooby-Doo
- Kung Zhu Battle Hampster
- Some pickles
- A mustachioed toy bunny named Labbit
Speaking of mustaches... The last week of the year is fast approaching. And y’all know what that means: Xmas Xmustache! Check back in early January for results of our annual facial hair growing contest.