Hey folks, we have a very nice update for MPQ on its way!
First, a few minor updates:
- Team-Up selections are now persistent between battles.
- Countdown tiles placed by Team-Up abilities will no longer be cleared when a character is downed.
- The Train button in roster management glows when you have enough Iso-8 to level the selected character.
For this release, we wanted to focus on character balance. We made major changes to Hawkeye (Modern), Daken (2-star Dark Avengers Wolverine) & Daken (3-star Classic), Magneto (Classic), and Wolverine (X-Force). Full details here, but here's a summary:
- Hawkeye (Modern)'s abilities have been redone to make him more effective. Electric Arrow and Blast Arrow have big changes, and Avoid is replaced by a new ability, Speed Shot, that fires a volley of arrows whenever you match 5+ tiles. He also gets a 17% health boost!
- Daken (2-star Dark Avengers Wolverine) now has the Chemical Reaction ability. His color strengths have been changed to match his ability colors.
- The upgrade paths for both Dakens' Pheromone Rage have been rebalanced, along with the threshold for Healing & Heat.
All of Magneto (Classic)'s abilities have been redone. His ability colors now match his color strengths.
- Magnetic Field (Blue) is replaced by Coercive Field (Yellow), which generates Protect tiles (more than were generated than before, but now their placement is random).
- Magnetized Projectile becomes Polarizing Force, which destroys Team-Up tiles (it plays a bit like Mistress of the Elements with more tile destruction and damage, but without Team-Up AP generation).
- Magnetic Translocation (Purple) becomes Magnetized Projectiles (Blue), and has a new upgrade path.
All of Wolverine (X-Force)'s abilities have been redone, and his color strengths have changed to match his new ability colors.
- X-Force is much cheaper and destroys tiles and does damage (instead of placing Strike tiles).
- Enraged Slash (Red) becomes Surgical Strike (Black), which destroys all of the tiles in the enemy team's strongest color. When upgraded, it also reduces enemy AP.
- Recovery is now much stronger, and deals damage and destroys tiles if it's matched away before it goes off.
Also, we’re launching a new character, powerful enough to throw anyone on their team directly at their opponent. We’d call him the Iron Giant, but he’s not made of Iron.
Thanks for playing Marvel Puzzle Quest and stay tuned for notes on R61!